Thursday, January 25, 2007

A walk in the woods

Today I took the kids for a walk in the woods. We have 41 acres of land, a lot of it in woods. I've been waiting for a good day to take the kids out to explore since I haven't seen much of the land myself. It was a perfect day for a walk outdoors, too cold for bugs but warm enough to be comfortable. As we walked around, I couldn't help but reminisce about going on similar walks with my dad and siblings when I was a little girl. The kids had a wonderful time. Paxton was instantly attracted to the creek that runs across our property. What is it with little boys and mud and water? Olivia was impressed that we were able to walk so far into the woods and then find our way home without getting lost. I just couldn't believe how much land we have. It just amazes me to see that we have been blessed with so much. And of course I had to take a picture to memorex the moment.

1 comment:

Joy Leighanne said...

How fun! I know they will love roaming the woods when they get a little older.