I woke up at about 11:30 last night having really strong contractions. My ob said go in if I have 4 or more an hour for more than 2 hours. I was having more than 4 but they got weaker so I kept talking myself out of going to the hospital. I kept thinking I'll give it one more half hour. I would hate to wake everyone up in the middle of the night and make the hour drive to the hospital just to have the contractions stop on the way.
I let Jody know what was going on around 3 since we was planning on going to the market. By this time the contractions weren't nearly as bad, just enough to eake me up when I tried to fall asleep. Finally around 4 I was able to go to sleep. Jody went ahead and left for the market with the assurance that he could be home in 10 minutes if need be.
This morning I was still crampy and felt yucky. After consulting with my sisters, I decided I should probably go in to L&D just to be safe. I was a nervous wreck when we got there. When the nurse took my vitals, my pulse was 139! My cervix wasn't dialating, but I was having contractions and they continued to pick up in intensity while I was being monitored. They had me try pushing fluids, but that didn't work so I got a shot of terbutaline. It made me shake really bad and my heart race. The contractions instantly eased up so they monitored me for a while to make sure the contractions didn't return since I live so far from the hospital. They checked me again before I left and I had made no progress.
The nurse gave me a shot of demerol and phenergan right before I left the hospital so my body would relax and I would sleep. I made it to the van and I was gone. Jody practically had to carry me into the house when we got home because I was so out of it. I've spent the rest of the day sleeping. No more contractions though. I'm suppose to take it easy the rest of the weekend and I have my regular ob appt Monday.