Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Today was much better. Jody returned to work, and the kids and I had some errands to run. First we headed out to The Farm to meet an appraiser. Mom and Dad need a current market value estimate to figure out what the loss is going to be on the house. I still can't believe a renter can do that much damage to a property and not be held accountable. I guess it is all the more frustrating after all the hard work we all put into the house. But what's done is done and we can only move forward.

After running to The Farm, we went to Cabot. I had to go to K-Mart to return a bedrail that didn't fit. While we were there we hit the sale racks. Olivia found an outfit and a pair of pjs for $4 and $3 respectively. I found a pair of yoga pants for $2.50. By then it was time for lunch so we headed over to BK for a bite to eat. The BK in Cabot has a play place. Olivia was excited to try it out. I was unimpressed. Last on our list of stops was Kroger for some groceries that were on sale. I just can't pass up boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.79/lb. I also got a box of knock-off Apple Jacks for $1. That is sure to be a favorite in this house. On the way home I stopped in McRae for some gas. It was the cheapest there at $2.35 a gallon. Don't even get me started on gas prices right now.

When we got home it was naptime. Paxton crashed in the car so I put him in his crib. Man, he's an easy baby. I ended up settling down with Olivia on the couch and taking a nap. We both needed one after her restless night last night. I think she may be coming down with something. I can usually tell by how she sleeps. It's like the child has Terrett's in her sleep. She yells and cries out and tosses herself all over the place. It makes for a very, very long night.

This afternoon the boy I used to babysit came over. It's always fun to sit and catch up with his mom. And a little adult companionship is nice when Jody is working 12+ hour shifts. They stayed for dinner and by the time they left, I cleaned up a bit, and the kids went to the ILs for a short visit, Jody was home. Baths, pjs, family prayer and it's time for bed. I'm glad because I'm tired.

No comments: