Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I'm too tired to be a mom today. I'm going to call in sick. Paxton was up half the night again last night. I don't know why. All I know is he was up and now I'm tired. I didn't want to get up this morning. But apparently the ice maker is turned off, and there isn't any ice in the freezer. Olivia insisted that I get up and get her some ice for ice water. Where I was supposed to get the ice from I do not know. And of course once you're up the kids want to eat breakfast. I was too tired to cook breakfast. I thus declare a day of fasting. My declaration was vetoed by the little ones. So I made donuts. The donuts were warm and cinnamonny and filling. They maked me miss my nice warm, cozy bed. A friend once told me that being a mom would be the hardest and most rewarding things I've ever done. I should have listened to her warning. There is never a day off. No sick days. No vacations. Every night I pray for patience and strength. Heaven knows I need all the help I can get. I love my kids but man I'm tired.

No comments: