Tuesday, May 16, 2006

One More Day

I had a Get Together tonight. On the way home I was listening to Delilah on the radio. What can I say, I'm a sucker for sappy love songs. She played the song One More Day by Diamond Rio. It got me thinking, as sappy love songs often do, if something happened to me or my children, would they know how much I loved them? Did I take the time today to give them the attention they deserve? Did I hug them enough? Would I regret anything? Would they have happy memories?

I try to be very conscious of the decisions I make as a mother. I try to think about how my actions, reactions and words will effect my children. I am constantly analyzing how to handle situations, which words to use, how to explain things the best way. I'm sure many times I over-analyze what I should do or say. But I don't want to have any regrets. I feel like sometimes I only have one chance to get it right. And I don't want to screw it up. I just want to be a good mom.

1 comment:

Strong Enough said...

I love that song, and I think those exact thoughts too. Just got to do your best, Sarah. Hugs!