Thursday, March 15, 2007

Beware of the marshmallows

We went to our friend's house for the fish fry. The fish was good, not my favorite fish to eat, but good. The men are under orders to catch some bass for the next one. After we ate we went outside to the fire pit and roasted marshmallows. We were sitting around chatting when all of the sudden Sharol yelled "oh no!" and I turn around to see Paxton choking on a marshmallow. He ran up behind me and had a panic look on his face as he tried to get air. Sharol grabbed him up and did the Heimlich on him before I could respond. She dislodged the marshmallow and Paxton gasped for breath. It was a scary couple of seconds. I picked Paxton up and cuddled him and he said "hurt, hurt". Sharol apologized for hurting but I told her no problem since she just saved my sons life. Never take a single day for granted with your children.

No comments: