Thursday, June 15, 2006

Let the countdown begin...

There are two days left until Olivia's birthday party and it's crunch time. I was planning a small, easy affair with Olivia's friends but it's grown a little larger then that. MIL is turning it into a family reunion.
----------------------------------
Yesterday I got the girl's skirts finished. Thanks Ma for helping me figure out how to sew them. I hope the girls like them.
----------------------------------
Today I went grocery shopping for the food. As I was standing in the checkout line with half of my items on the conveyor belt I realized I forgot napkins and silverware. Hopefully we can scrounge enough forks up around here or people will just have to eat the baked beans with their fingers.
----------------------------------
Tomorrow we are making the cake. My friend and I are attempting to make a Barbie birthday cake which involves baking a cake in a bowl for the skirt. I have to make another 8 in. cake to put under that cake for height. I just hope we can make this work. I want to make the cake tomorrow just incase we royally screw it up we can run to town and get something else.
----------------------------------
I need to wrap presents. There were a few other things I wanted to get Olivia but I don't know it I'll have time. I was hoping Jody and I could go shopping together but seeing how he isn't talking to me right now, I don't see that happening.
----------------------------------
The weatherman is now calling for a 40% chance of rain on Saturday too. Two days ago the forecast was saying it was going to be clear. I'm praying it doesn't rain because we are all not going to fit into my IL's house.
----------------------------------
I ordered party favors from Oriental Trading Company. When I ordered the supplies the invoice said they should be here on the 16th. When I track the order it says they should be here on the 17th. Here's hoping the package gets here tomorrow or before 10 on Saturday.

No comments: