1. My sister calls it Third Baby Syndrome. You have two healthy kids and you don't want to tempt fate by having another baby because you've been so lucky. I have Third Baby Syndrome.
2. I've never worried about money until this past year. Do we really have enough income to provide for a bigger family? Will we be able to give the kids everything they need and mayby a little more?
3. Our house is little. And another kid would fit where? (Although I was very reassured a few weeks ago while watching Buster on PBS when there were 5 kids sharing one room in a little trailer. Suddenly my house didn't seem so small.)
4. If we have another baby we will be outnumbered 3:2. The odds won't be in our favor, and that in itself is scary.
5. Do I have enough energy to have another baby? The two I have wear me out. What will adding another one to the mix do?
6. Do I have enough patience for another baby? Starting over is so scary. I get in my groove, and I don't take change well.
7. In the last year I've known of one baby being born with severe birth defects and dying, 2 stillbirths, countless miscarriages, a tubal pregnancy, one SIDS death, a mother dying from hemmorage and a pregnant mom being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. If that doesn't give you a reality check, I don't know what will.
8. How will the kids handle another baby? Will they love it and play with it and be happy with an addition to the family? Will I be able to give each of the kids the attention they need and deserve?
9. What will happen to my body this time? Between saggy boobs, hemmrhoids and stretch marks, how much more damage will be done?
10. Poor Jody. All I have to do is mention another baby and his face turns a pastey white.
11. I do a lot of traveling. Traveling with three will be a lot more challenging physically and mentally.
12. Suddenly the physical risks of having a baby are so much higher. If something should happen to me, the stakes are higher. I have a husband and two children who depend on me.
13. Three kids may be all we have. I don't know if I'm ready to be done yet. My entire life, all I've wanted to be is a mother and have babies. I'm just not ready for that phase of my life to be over.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants